11.10.2008 – BattleUK III – Nottingham, England

Home Foren Veranstaltungen 11.10.2008 – BattleUK III – Nottingham, England

Dieses Thema enthält 36 Antworten und 0 Teilnehmer. Es wurde zuletzt aktualisiert von  World Slalom Series vor 10 Jahre, 4 Monate.

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 38)
  • Autor

Acidedge
    Teilnehmer

On behalf of the NottinghamSkaters and myself, I am delighted to announce that BattleUK will return again, this Autumn!

BattleUK III will take place nine months today, on Saturday 11th October 2008. The venue for the event will, once again, be the Victoria Leisure Centre in Nottingham.

Now that BattleUK had been upgraded from a „one cone“ to a „two cone“ event in the World Slalom Series rankings, it is now one of the top five WSS events in the western hemisphere, so we hope to see even more skaters compete at BattleUK III this year!

Please put the date on your calendar. Any questions about the event, please reply below or email me at nottinghamskaters@hotmail.co.uk.

BattleUK classic T-shirt front design

[url=http://picasaweb.

t
    Teilnehmer

Great!

Read it this morning in Serpentineroad!

Lets kick the cones in 2008 again. 2007 was very good. We like the way of the organisation of battle uk! Very good event management!

Jochen
    Teilnehmer

Wenn's irgendwie geht, bin ich wieder mit dabei…

Jochen

Acidedge
    Teilnehmer
    Sidewinder wrote:
    Lets kick the cones in 2008 again. 2007 was very good. We like the way of the organisation of battle uk! Very good event management!

Thank you! I hope do just as well, if not better, this year!

Jim.

Acidedge
    Teilnehmer

Fellow Skaters,

I am afraid I have bad news! It is looking very likely that the Victoria Leisure Centre, the venue for the last two BattleUK events, is to be shut down. High repair costs and lack of use of the centre are to blame. There is a news article here.

This obviously puts BattleUK III in jeopardy. An alternative venue must be found.

BattleUK III is NOT cancelled as of yet, but be aware that the venue, and possibly the date, are subject to change. I will keep you up to date with any developments.

Jim M

BattleUK organiser.

t
    Teilnehmer

Oh 🙁

We hope you find another location.

Are there some other locations in Nottingham for such an event?

Or are you planning to go to another city?

Acidedge
    Teilnehmer

The event would still take place in Nottingham. There are many other leisure centres, but I need to investigate them to see if they have a large enough space, suitable surface, the equipment we need and at a reasonable price.

ROX
    Teilnehmer

battle uk must go on!! 😆

i hope you find an alternative location soon!

Acidedge
    Teilnehmer

Following extensive campaigning from local residents, Nottingham City Council has today decided to keep the Victoria Leisure Centre open until Christmas, when the future of the centre will be re-examined. Despite having found an alternative venue, I have chosen to stick with the Victoria Leisure Centre for this year's event.

In short, BattleUK III will take place on 11th October 2008 and will be held at the Victoria Leisure Centre.

Woo-hoo!

Michael
    Teilnehmer

w00t 🙂

Joshua
    Teilnehmer

Okay… ich kann gehen, aber ich wollte fragen ob ihr sind dieses Jahr auch dabei?

Wenn ja.. werdet es okay sein, wenn ich, wie letztes jahr, mit euch fahre usw???

LG, Joshua.

Michael
    Teilnehmer

Falls in den Plänen irgendwo der Flughafen London/Heathrow auftaucht würde ich aber erstmal nachfragen, der Flughafen scheint noch schlechter als Charles de Gaulle zu sein…

http://www.spiegel.de/reise/europa/0,15 … 69,00.html

Acidedge
    Teilnehmer

Here's the artwork for BattleUK III: The Beast with inlines…

[img]http://lh4.ggpht.com/theAcidedge/SKSQTlFdwYI/AAAAAAAAC7Y/hzZdnKP2gK4/BattleUK%20III%20Front%20Design%20Final.jpg?imgmax=512[/img]

[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/theAcidedge/SKSQQaWb0-I/AAAAAAAAC7Q/ZYKuGSe9Bjs/BattleUK%20III%20Back%20Design%20Final.jpg?imgmax=512[/img]

Big thanks to James M for another great job with the design this year! Much appreciated.

Jochen
    Teilnehmer

Nice! And I'll be there! But I think I mentioned this before… 🙂

Jochen

Acidedge
    Teilnehmer

New artwork posted above.

More information and the schedule for BattleUK III will be posted soon. Registration and T-shirt ordering for the event will open in the next 2 weeks.

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 38)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.